National Specialty Guidelines – Section G Grounds/Parking/RV
Section G Grounds/Parking/RV Chairperson
Responsibilities of the Grounds chairperson include but are not limited to:
Section G.1 Grounds
- Coordinating with the Show Chairperson to designate dog exercise areas at the various show sites as well as the host hotel.
- Clearly marking exercise areas and providing adequate clean up equipment for each area including: pooper-scoopers, plastic baggies, trash cans, buckets.
- Arrange for the disposal of waste cans and buckets.
- Provide clean up equipment at the various events and rings during the National.
- Coordinate any plastic requirements at the host hotel/show sites.
Section G.2 Parking
- Coordinate with the Show Chairperson to determine if there is to be restricted parking at any of the show sites/host hotel.
- Post appropriate signage as necessary.
Section G.3 RV-Camping Facilities
- Investigate available parking for RV’s at the host hotel, local camping facilities and other show venues.
- Negotiate fees (if applicable) with local sites.
- Prepare the information page regarding RV reservations for the National Information Packet.
- Arrange parking layout and assignment of reservation on an as needed basis.
- Provide adequate clean up equipment at the RV area as needed.
- Communicate and enforce any rules specific to the RV area.
Section G.4 Recommended Practices
Since many people do not leave the hotel until the day following the banquet, it is imperative that the clean-up equipment and exercise areas remain in place and stocked for at least 24 hours following the official end of the Specialty.