National Specialty Guidelines – Section F Grooming
Section F Grooming
Responsibilities of the Grooming chairperson include but are not limited to:
- Communicate space recommendations and visit potential sites with the Show Chairman to evaluate potential grooming areas;
- Coordinate and draw up layout of grooming/bathing area(s);
- Coordinate with the Grounds Chairperson regarding grooming area needs, i.e. tenting, plastic protection, electricity (if available), bathing area hoses, tubs, water, etc., reserved space marking and identification, trash cans, security & final clean-up.
- Works with Show Chairperson and Show Treasurer to determine if grooming areas may be reserved in advance and the associated fee for assigned space.
- If space is to be reserved, provide the form for the information packet.
- Receive reservations, prepare layout diagram handouts, create identification cards for spaces.
- Coordinate with Grounds Chairperson on final walk-through following the end of the show regarding clean-up.
Best Practices Recommendations
- Send a map of the grooming area layout with a confirmation number and space number to each exhibitor that has reserved space. May be sent snail or e-mail.
- Post maps of the layout at each entrance to the grooming area. Also post an alphabetical name listing of space assignments.
- Have extra rolls of plastic and tape available for people who forget to bring their own.
- Have lots of brooms, dust-bins and garbage cans in the area to assist with clean up. It’s also a good idea to have a mop and water bucket available for wet clean-ups as well.
- Post the Grooming Chairs name, contact number and local contact (hotel room, RV space, etc.) at each entrance.