Registry Of Merit
The Registry of Merit (ROM) is a BSCA Award based on offspring, not second generation progeny.
The owner of the Belgian Sheepdog must be a member of the Belgian Sheepdog Club of America.
All titles must be earned through the American Kennel Club unless you are a BSCA member from Canada, Mexico or other foreign country. Equivalent foreign titles will be recognized from the country in which the offspring reside. Points will not be granted for titles which duplicate existing AKC titles, but as separate titles, they will be granted equivalent points.
- The Sire or Dam applying for the ROM must be an AKC Champion and have a Companion Dog title (CD). As of 2001, dogs and bitches applying for the ROM are recommended to have OFA hips and elbows and CERF registrations.
- To meet the requirements for a sire to earn a ROM, he must have 10 Champion offspring, 2 advanced performance titled offspring and a total of 100 points.
- To meet the requirements for the dam to earn a ROM, she must have 5 Champion offspring, 2 advanced performance titled offspring and a total of 50 points.
- As a sire, the dog has earned at least 100 points and the bitch has earned at least 50 points, based on the following point schedule:
- Each Champion off-spring merits 5 points
- Each Obedience titled off-spring merits 5 points for each title earned
- Each Agility titled off-spring merits 5 points for each title earned
- Advanced titles are as follows: CDX and above, OA/OAJ and above, TD and above, HS and above, and Schutzhund titles. No points will be awarded for Canine Good Citizen (CGC) or Temperament Test (TT). Each Champion offspring merits 5 points. Each performance titles offspring (obedience, agility, herding, tracking) merits 5 points for each title earned; Rally Excellent merits 1 point and Rally Advanced Excellent merits 2 points.
Documentation for Titles: Passing scores at other than AKC events must be submitted to the ROM committee to be considered (copies of titles/certificates/passing scores).